Monday, May 23, 2011

Well. I'm still here.

I was not "raptured" - but that's ok. I spent my time hanging out in Sin City while those delusional peeps *ascended* to a higher level of madness. I did keep checking our suite's windows to see if anyone was floating, but nada. I guess you can't expect many to be saved in Las Vegas. But there was always that chance that one might ;)

Anyways, the Rammstein show was more than I was hoping for! It was fire show after fire show... plus the two encores were exceptional. I'm very glad they played more from their third album than others - my favorite album of theirs! We got to see laser-eyed baby dolls explode, Till riding a huge dick that sprayed foam from the head, 6 feet wings on fire, and a stuntman lit on fire. The venue, Thomas and Mack Center, was smaller than I expected but the sound was pretty fantastic; in fact, I'd say it was much better than most of the venues here in SLC. And I was very surprised to see so many peeps from SLC/Utah travelled for the show. It was definitely worth the trip down there and I can say I finally got to see Rammstein on one of their few American tours. Heh, I even got goosebumps during the show! And despite how much my feet protested, I believe I stood up for more than 95% of the time.

One thing that struck me, the different pronunciations of German words I heard. The guy next to me... I don't think he really knew how to say mich (me) and when Rammstein was playing Du Hasst Mich, I couldn't help but laugh in my head. Heh, I can't say I knew everything there though, I had to look up the translation for "Manche Folgen."

I think I need to start taking German classes again. I honestly think it's slipping from my head and I don't get to practice it as much anymore. My German/Swiss friends email/post all in English now and I can only imagine how lazy my pronunciation is. Maybe when I take that class at the beginning of the year, I can add a German language class and buff up my skills. I tried to teach Ryan to say awesome, but... I didn't realize what a complicated word that is.

Now I must apologize; I did not take any pictures of the show itself. I was afraid to take my camera into the venue so I left it out in the car. However, if there is any footage on youtube or anything like that, I highly recommend you to watch it. The show was very entertaining and a lot happened. I just wish I had documented it better for memory's sake. And if you are a pyro, I hope you are able to catch one of their shows before they're done.

I am surprised they did not sing their Amerika song. Then again, I guess it does not really go with the Liebe ist fuer Alle Da motto.

Zusammenfassend, ich bin ein begluekt Eski!

No comments:

Post a Comment